|The main housing applicant must have five years continuous residency in the borough at the point of application before they can join the register. The Council will undertake in depth checks to confirm address histories.|
To comply with legislation and partnership agreements and to avoid exceptional hardship, the following groups will be exempt:
- Pan London nomination agreements
- Former Armed Forces and other service personnel in urgent housing need, in line with the Secretary of State's regulations
- Existing Council and Housing Association tenants who live in the borough
- Reasonable preference groups as outlined in section 4.2 of the Royal Borough of Greenwich Allocations Scheme Policy, excluding those placed in accommodation in the Royal Borough of Greenwich by another borough
In terms of partnership agreements, the following groups will be exempt:
- Care leavers
- Move on from supported housing, Greenwich refuges and other specialist accommodation
- Reciprocal requests for those fleeing domestice violence
Read the information below and then continue to the form by selecting 'Next' at the bottom of the page.
Please note that this application form should not be used by people threatened with homelessness. If you are facing homelessness find out now how the Royal Borough of Greenwich may be able to help you.
If you have already registered for housing using a paper form you do not need to complete this online form.
Please read the guidance notes carefully before you start completing the form online. The guidance notes give examples of possible answers for the more difficult questions.
You must answer all the questions. If you do not answer all of the questions your application for housing will not be processed.
If you need any further help completing the form and are already a Royal Borough of Greenwich tenant please contact one of the following offices:
- Eltham Centre - 2 Archery Road SE9 1HA
- Woolwich Service Centre - 35 Wellington Street SE18 6HQ
If you are not a Royal Borough of Greenwich tenant and you require further help completing the form you can contact the following services:
- Community Housing Services - 020 8921 2941 or either of the addresses listed above.
If you cannot get to an office or if English is not your first language, extra help is available from translators. Please contact us on 020 8921 2941 to arrange this.
We recommend that you save your progress as you work through the form. This will ensure no information is lost if you have a problem.
After you submit your application it will be checked and registered. You will receive a letter informing you that you have been registered. The letter will include your reference number, which you should keep and quote in any correspondence.